Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I don't know what to talk about

I find myself getting more and more excited to return to school to be a Sherpa in a week or so (Even though it's really weird to think that I'll be back on campus in 8 days...). I'm excited to have the opportunity to pour into the lives of students. At the same time, though, I'm nervous. I still am not exactly a super mature Christian myself. Some of the students that I am supposed to be mentoring will be more capable of doing my job than I am. But I can't let that discourage me.

Anyway, today I played Ratchet and Clank for hours. HOURS!!! I feel so worthless. I guess that's what happens when you get a day off that you weren't expecting. Good news, though. I almost have enough bolts to buy a Gold Blaster! w00t!

I'm going to go away now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that all leaders are supposed to be a super mature Christians... it's a process of learning for you and for your students. many blessings and see you in 24 days

Michael said...

hehe you changed it, funny I got a day off too, the other intern and I were too efficient so we get tomorrow off, which I will be taking of advantage of, perhaps even getting a car... oh yeah, I had a good thought but forgot it, just another reason to be rid of summer.

Anonymous said...

Squee!! We will be there the same time! :)

No, you're not worthless for playing a game for hours, I'm sure you deserved the rest.

Don't worry about the maturity for leaders thing, everyone has a different level of maturity in their Christian walk. You will do wonderfully.

~*~ Rad (who should be packing... or at least, thinking about it ^_~)

Anonymous said...

hmm... so... your profile now says you are less confused about what you want to do with your life than at the beginning of the summer. i wonder how and what and why... I shall ask you next time.

Michael said...

Drive safe tomorrow, well on my end it would be today, time difference and all.