Friday, September 18, 2009

Good articles.

This is a story I just read on Relevant Magazine's website. You should read it now. It's short.

I was at work when I read this today, but after the first paragraph, I couldn't stop. The writing was so beautiful, it was as if my eyes were compelled to keep moving down the page.

I sometimes don't know what to think when I read articles like this - so well written and powerful. My first thought was for this man who the author met: how tragic of a story his must be. My second thought was for myself: could I ever respond as elegantly as the author did? Could I, in that moment, love this man? Buying him the diapers would be easy. But would I pray with him? Or would I be scared of... whatever. Embarrassment. Harming the gospel through reckless words. Awkward bumbling.

May God continue to be gracious with me as I rely more on his grace...

1 comment:

Wendy Harbottle said...

I found your post here by mistake via a friend who was following a friend who was following a friend. Took a bit of time to read your first post and I started to wonder if you were talking about an article I wrote. Turns out you were. I was really encouraged by your post...sometimes it's hard to write what's on your heart and it's encouraging when it's helped others. So thanks for the encouragement!