Monday, December 18, 2006

Just kidding

Scratch that worrying stuff. God is good.

Too often I forget that God is good and he has a plan. Funny, for a guy that has seen God's plan work out many, many times before...

I think a lot of my irkiness (yes, it's a word) lately is because I have neglected to trust God. Granted, I could be wrong and this could be just another attempt to easily pigeonhole a personal problem, but I really haven't been reminding myself (nor allowing others to remind me) of God's goodness and his plan. You hear Jeremiah 29:11 so much as a graduating senior (a passage that deals with national Israel, not personal lives, though the principle is Biblical), but you eventually forget.

Even though I put myself through some serious crap and I have some tough questions, God's plan is ultimately good and it will prevail.

I hate super happy positive posts. They somehow seem unrealistic. So to those like me: This doesn't mean that I'm gonna stop being cynical (though that would be nice).

My mother can't stand my cynicism. I can't either, truth be told, but I think there's little to change most of it by now (cynical statement). I can't remember what brought it up, but she told me not to be so cynical... I thought it was both amusing and sad. Amusing because my mother can't stand something about me. That thought, while morbid, is still kinda funny in a rebellious teenager kind of way. Sad because my mother can't stand something about me. I can't really stand it either, but by now I've learned to mostly ignore it.

I was just distracted by the thought of looking up the theme song to Cowboy Bebop (an anime show) on Youtube to see if I could find a live performance. I did. It's amazing. Oh, sweet jazz...

That's it for now. I've updated a lot lately. I've been getting into reading others' blogs, thus inspiring my hands... Ick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiring is a good thing... not something to be feared or despised.

neglecting to trust the One who knows everything can be a mistake, and something that explains crap that happens.

yes, irkiness is a word.

and there is always something about every child that a mother can't stand. we're human beings { ... Josh, Denise is a human being.} sorry.. had to throw that in there .. ahem .. it's not sad.. it's normal.

see you.

p.s. the saxaphone is my favorite...

Anonymous said...

hm.

Anonymous said...

"I've posted a lot latey."

*Coughs* You're creating a new definition of "a lot" and "lately" with that statement. ^_~

Thanks for looking at mine.

I wouldn't call you cynical... Michael yes, you no. Mayhap I don't know anything. :)

Yeah, it is kinda cool in the rebelious teenage sorta way to have something about us that our parents don't like. ^_^

I've irked myself sometimes. I know how that goes.

Trust Him, always.

~*~ Rad