Thursday, February 24, 2011

Work.

Since I'm on Blogger at work, I figure I might as well talk about it for a moment.

Currently, I work at Cornerstone University. (Coincidentally, I also graduated from here in 2009.) My job title is "Media Technology Coordinator," but all that really means is Studio Technician. I keep all the gear running smoothly in the department, teach students how to use the gear safely and effectively, and administrate all the post-production workflows for our film students.

Unsurprisingly, this is not what I wanted to do with my life. In college, though I was a film major, I worked largely in pre-production and writing. I want to be a game writer and designer. But you know what? I love my job.

One of the reasons why is the phenomenal progress we are making as a department as far as skill and quality of output goes. We finally started a Vimeo account a few weeks ago and we're sharing what we've done with the world. I'm really proud of what our students have done.


This is one of our music videos from last Fall semester. It just won Cornerstone's Creative Arts Festival (which is pretty cool) and will be making the festival circuit soon.

The sheer improvement over the music videos from the last time the class ran is unbelievable. (I was in that class and, frankly, I won't upload the video we made out of embarrassment.) And all of it - from the music writing and performing, the recording, the concept, the pre-production, the filming, the editing, and, now, the distribution - was done by Cornerstone University students.

I'm quite proud of where we've come from and I'm excited to be a part of where we're going.

(That being said, my passion still burns for video games and I'm working quite actively to get there. See the cool sidebar to the right about what I'm working on now to achieve that goal!)

So... did I mention that you should watch our videos on our Vimeo account? You should.


No comments: