Monday, March 10, 2008

I suppose...

So I'm really bored right now.

Not sure what to do with myself, so I figured I'd update this here blog thing.

Umm... Is blogging without significance bad? Should we endeavor to respect the privilege of being able to freely share our thoughts with others by sharing only thoughts of worth?

One of the current trends in, well, life, is the democratization of various forms of industry. With the Web 2.0 phenomenon and websites like YouTube popping up everywhere, it is more and more feasible to create our own anything.

With that, however, comes the reality that not everyone is a trained film maker (using YouTube as an example). We see hoards of filth, both morally and artistically, invading the internet and filling our servers. We hope that by submitting our work to the masses, we would be able to find what truly appeals to people. But what truly appeals to people? Sex. Low comedy. Popular music (There's lots of music videos being checked out on YouTube...).

Very little is real people trying to put together real stuff. It's mostly just people saying, "Wouldn't it be funny if...", pulling out their HandiCams, and uploading.

Which brings me to my point: should my posting here be all about me? Should it be about meaningful thoughts? Or should it be whatever I can think up at the time? Is blogging a useful activity after all?

Just some thoughts that came from having nothing to talk about. (I've always wanted a "meta" tag!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like hearing from you. I like hearing from you EVERYWHERE. *Poke*

I think that if its your blog, the owner should be able to put up anything (moral or immoral), because its yours and your friends/family/etc will be most of who sees it. For something like YouTube where the masses will see it, they should be categorized and filtered.

I wish people would correctly lable things on YouTube. I go looking for Avatar episodes, find the one I want, wait the bazillion length of time, only to find out its a robot thing??!!

~*~ Rad