Saturday, October 29, 2011

College events.

Tonight, I went to an open mic night at my alma mater/employer.  It was actually quite good.  We have many amazingly talented students, many of which happen to be media students (I'm lookin' at you, Addison, Katie, Jay, Alex, and that freshman guy whose name I don't know). 

Anyway, this was an event that I really enjoyed.  Even without knowing most of the performers, I think the performances themselves were pretty darned good for free entertainment.  Trent Hamm at The Simple Dollar, when asked about cheap things to do, almost always recommends checking out the activities calendar of local colleges.  Oftentimes, there will be free seminars, discussions, open mic nights, concerts, and other, enriching, interesting, and cheap things to do.

I think I want to make sure to do that for the rest of my life.  You know, to stay young.  And cheap.

No comments: