Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Off Book.

 It's a shame this month of blogging begins on a Wednesday.  I don't have a whole lot of time on Wednesdays to read, play, and come up with neat things to talk about on a blog...

Kotaku posted this lovely video today:



It obviously strikes one of my central passion areas: the discovery that games can be so much more than just Halo or Modern Warfare.

One of the reasons that I wanted to do a blog a day for the next month was so that I had to push myself to think about games more intentionally again.  I subscribe to numerous blogs and, on the average day, see at least one freeware game come across my Google Reader feed.  As the month goes on, I'd like to start diving back into those games.  Maybe I'll even dig out some of the older ones still on my hard drive and do some basic analysis of what's going on ludologically, artistically, and narratively. 

2 comments:

Brian said...

You should think about starting a podcast or something. That could be fun.

The Kemp said...

You and your podcasts...