Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hello again.

I'm not dead. I know that's surprising and kind of disappointing, but I'm not.

First, last week Tuesday, our dorm did a MediaFast. I gave up surfing the internet, watching DVDs, watching movies, and playing video games. I was kind of bored. Not too bored, because I've had lots to do, but kind of bored. MediaFast was kinda cool because I spent some more time with God, but it wasn't super super effective.

This week, I've been rushing to finish my research paper before I leave for spring break. I've only got my intro and conclusion to do, and I can do that on the car ride down.

To Florida (it needed its own line). I'm going to Florida tomorrow! I'm going with my friend Nate and his family to the Tampa area to soak up some 73 degree weather and sun. Woo!!

I also got the response for my leadership application. I applied for both Sherpa and DC (small group leader for chapel credit). I didn't think the interviews went really well, but apparently I was wrong. I got both. And, (an added plus and minus) I got DC for the apartments. I found out on Tuesday and I have to make a decision by tomorrow at 10:00 am. I have to commit to at least one more year at Cornerstone to take one.

I would love to explain it all right here and splurge and try to figure things out, but I've been working on my research paper for the last, oh I'd say about 9 hours. So i'm going to stop typing now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Sherpa and DC! And may you have wisdom as you make all these hard decisions. And good luck on your research paper.

Enjoy your marvelous Florida sunshine.

And that was a terrible trick you and Michael played on me tonight!

Anonymous said...

No, we are happy you're alive!!!!! Don't you ever think differently. (Yes, I know you're kidding)

What'd they do Annie??

God be with you my friend, in everyting.

*Jealous* Have fun in Florida with Nate! Bring the sun back with you. :)

Congrats on getting your paper mostly done!!

~*~ Rad

Anonymous said...

Cucumber, hope you have a wonderful time in Florida! :) I'm sure your paper will turn out great. I'm a little bit jealous of your opportunity to get some sun. However, I'm thinking that "the windy city" might just give me wind-burn and then I could come back looking quite red, which could pass for being burnt, which would indicate that I got some sun too! .....? Maybe? Or not. I'm strugglin. :) Anyways, all this to say, have a wonderful break!

Anonymous said...

tear... your not comming home- sobb- you are choosing forida over medina ! what are you thinking! sigh...lol

Michael said...

Congrats on picking a position for next year, that must be somewhat of a relief. Have fun in Florida. I am tired so I think I will call it a night, and yes I realize that it isnt even 8 yet