Sunday, March 18, 2007

A song from church today

"We have been changed to bring change."

I liked that line. I've sometimes felt that that's my lot in life: I'm an agent of change. I blow into a town for a few years, love on people, get loved on, and, in the end, change things (hopefully for the better).

Cornerstone is different. I feel like I haven't changed things as I wanted to(?). But then again, I'm not in charge of the change that happens. That's God's job.

I dunno. It's tough to explain. I guess maybe it's that it hasn't been as motivated from the inside as it has been in the past. "We have been changed to bring change." The first part of that statement is that we have been changed. Since I started college, I don't think I've felt all that changed. I mean, freshman year, I thought I hadn't changed at all and I began doubting my salvation and all that mess, and this isn't that, but I just haven't been as plugged into God as I have been in the past. And I haven't been able to get back plugged in... At least, not very consistently.

I love being an agent of change, but I can't be without being in step with the God who changed me.

This song kind of came at a God-time. Lately, I've been really thinking about all this and praying that God would use me. That I would be his hands and feet and that I would go where he sends me. (Yeah... Audio Adrenaline..... But it's a good song!)

So... yeah...

"We have been changed to bring change."

That's what it's all about.

I love you guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been blessed, now I wanna be a blessing.
I have been loved, now I wanna bring love.
I've been invited, I wanna share the invitation.
I have been changed to bring change, to bring change.

Funny how all that God has done for us, we kinda get to do for others, eh?

if you ask me, that's kinda neat.

Anonymous said...

yay church

Anonymous said...

I love you too. :)

Good song. I like that song.

You've changed me. Have I changed you?

~*~ Rad