Thursday, January 26, 2006

An Adventure Story

I woke up today thinking that I would get so much done. My one Thursday class was cancelled and I only had Honors this morning at nine. That left from ten to four to do whatever I wanted to do. I was going to finally finish my resume and send it to Hoffmantown West for their internship over the summer. I was going to memorize lines. I was going to get a jump on next week's homework. Instead, I got to be a blessing to one of my friends (that's a story in itself...).

Around noon, I get a call from my friend Bryce. He asked me if I had a car on campus. I do. To make a long story short (yeah, right...), he got a flat tire last night and drove it home. By this morning, it was completely flat, so he put the donut on it and started driving to the tire repair place. On the way, his donut imploded or something and he was stranded outside of Meijer. I get over there, pick him up, and we take the tire to get repaired on the other side of town. They can't repair the tire, but there is a used tire that he can buy for cheap. We go back to his car and start to jack up the car to put the tire on, but we didn't notice or think much about that fact that the car sat on an incline. The car bent the stupid jack. We put down a chalk to stop it from moving, pulled my jack out and started working, but it started bending. We drive the car up to a flatter part of the parking lot, try again, and again, the jack started bending. We drive the car to a spot that we know is flat, try again, and it finally works. We extended the jack almost as far as we could, barely fit the tire on, and started tightening the lugnuts. One of the lugnuts was stripped. Grr. Then, we went back to the other side of town to make sure that everything was okay, got a new lugnut, and went out to lunch. By the time I got back, it was 3:30 and I had to go to rehearsal. Unfortunately, because I was helping Bryce, I didn't get to work on lines...

Anyway, the point is that I didn't get enough done today.

Oh, well.

I did make some progress on my resume, though. It's hard to write down my "ministry philosophy." To work through it, I made a list of things I would do if I started a Youth Ministry. It kind of helped, but it's still tough to put it into words.

Tomorrow shall be a busy day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, the point is that you helped a friend. Which you're good at.

It's hard to write any philosophy. An attempt to say something meaningful in a cliche context. I wish you good thinking.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get anything done, glad you got to help a friend. I didn't know you knew so much stuff about cars. Guess who I'm calling when I need help? :-P

Hope you get everything done tomorrow... well, today actually. Heh.

Hey, I noticed you used your Xanga on.... Michael's? journal! *Pokes you* ^_~

*Yawn* Good night, pleasent dreams.

~*~ Rad

Michael said...

Why I read people's blogs at such late hours I do not know, but I do know that helping out a friend is indeed a very noble thing. It says more about a person than anything they could write on a resume.