Sunday, January 29, 2006

Singing in the rain, just singing in the rain

God's pretty sweet. I spent almost all of Evensong tonight not singing. My singing was becoming more important than the words I was singing, so God said, "Cut it out." It was cool.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the m ud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40:1-3


Create in my a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore me to the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.
Psalm 51:11-12

So, yeah. The End.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Pushes you off the last bleacher stair* ^_~

Yup, Evensong definently rocks my socks off. Thanks for the hug, and the hair-flip. :)

See you sometime tomorrow. Good luck with your homework.

~*~ Rad

Anonymous said...

All righty, so now I'm definently pushing you off the HIGHEST bleacher stair! *Poke*

~*~ Rad

My ears are still burning. XD

Michael said...

Don't worry Kemp if she pushed you I'd try to catch you, we both know how that can end up.

Anonymous said...

You "danced" with Anna during LJ. And you do DDR.

~*~ Rad

Anonymous said...

Hey, you were pulling a Todd Agnew with the not singing without meaning thing...that's great!

~Bekka Joy