Monday, January 02, 2006

New York

I'm in New York right now. Isn't that swell? We even found some wireless internet somewhere around here. Unfortunately, my bag isn't here. It was a HUGE red duffel bag filled with all my clothes. All. I'm hoping it will get here in the morning. My eyes are kind of dry with my contacts in right now...

We got here, though, and we're staying in this creepy catholic almost boarding house or something like that... It's used for priests staying in New York or families here for funerals, but they open it up cheap for students like us. We went out to dinner down the street and proceeded to come back, do a little exploring of the house, and leave for Times Square. It's raining quite a bit, but we went anyway. Riding the subway is fun, by the way. Times Square is huge and bright if you've never been there. There are a bazillion and one things to do, but it's great just to walk...

Anyway, I'm gonna go because I'm rambling on about nothing.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Well, I think it's swell you are in New York but to be honest I laughed when I found out you lost your luggage, I know how that goes. Hopefully you put the right tag on the bag.

It's sweet that you got to go to time square but of the bazillion and one things to do you missed possibly the biggest one of all, oh well. It's 2:46 in the morning and I finally finished my assignment for my eight o clock class :) and Nate is watching Naruto in Japanese with English subtitles. Well I think I will be going now.

Anonymous said...

Nah, I have yet to try the Japanese with English subtitles. *Puts that on list of things to do that will never get done* XD

Glad you're alive Kemp. ONE WEEK AND SIX DAYS! Me, counting down? What gave you that idea? :-P

I'm sorry you lost your bags. :( *Elbows Michael*

Have fun, be safe. :)

Rad

Anonymous said...

That all sounds like so much fun!Well, except for losing your luggage, of course. I hope you find it. But walking around New York, riding the subway... And I didn't even know you were going on the J-term New York trip! I'm officially jealous.

On previous posts:
I hope you didn't mutilate your hair too badly. I rather liked it the way it was. :-)

When you have "I must do this" feelings, are they about the same thing, or do they conflict with each other?

I have often wished for a Summoning Charm. Sometimes I even say one in the hope that perhaps it might work. Except I don't have a wand, so it wouldn't anyway.

Keep posting about New York! I want to hear all about it... especially the shows!